Wednesday, November 05, 2008

YES WE CAN!!!

And we did.

There is more that unites us than divides us. That is one of my fundamental, truest beliefs. I have more in common with Sarah Palin, who I loathe, than I have differences with her--especially since I share with her the most transformative experience of my life--motherhood. We all, at heart, want the same things.

And this, my friends, this election, proves that. We voted in favor of the best of what America is instead of what is the worst. Hope instead of fear, unity instead of division, belief in a better world.

I'm happy. And more so, I am inspired. Not only by Barack Obama, but honeslty? McCain's concession speech reminded me of why I used to hold such respect for him. He's showed more class than I ever remember from the losing candidate, including those I have voted for. Way to lose with dignity, Senator.

Yes, we can.

"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope."

--Barack Obama

2 comments:

Lawrence A. Fing said...

Hmmm. I thought I was voting for hope, unity, and belief in a better world.

caramama said...

I'm so happy and proud! Wooo hooo!

And that was a great quote!