Sunday, September 30, 2007

Drum roll please....

It's a






BOY!!!


We are excited and thrilled and looking forward to having "one of each."
Maggie pronounced the blobby ultrasound pictures "sooo cute!" and still is insisting it's Baby Henry (my nephew) who is coming to live with us, not some other boy baby. I am struck by the realization I am going to be raising not just a little boy, but a GUY, as in someone like the ones I used to go out with and am married to. If he ends up going for women, someone is going to be cursing or praising me for the job I did (or most likely both) decades hence.

As far as raising a Boy, as in loud and boisterous and physical, well, I have just described Maggie to a T, so not so worried there.

Must go run a an errand, and I was in Cleveland all weekend celebrating the aforementioned Henry's birthday, so we're pretty tired around here. More later!

6 comments:

Em said...

Congrats! One of each sounds lovely.

Spock said...

How exciting! Yay!

pnutsmama said...

oh sweet jesus, don't ever leave me hanging like that again- you can't imagine what this did to me all weekend!

happy happy happy for you all as you get ready for *him*.

tripmom827 said...

YAY!!! I love, love, love raising boys. I finally am understanding all of those questions I have had all of these years about the male gender and why they do the things they do...it's wonderful! Congratulations! I did really want you to have multiples, though :)

msuspartan99 said...

boys rule!

apt said...

How wonderful!
I'm glad I missed the ultrasound impending post. The suspense would have had me on the edge of my seat.
Are you going to unveil a name before he's born, or do we have to wait until Feb?