Thursday, February 18, 2010

Well hello again

yeah yeah. Facebook, work, not much to say.

So I've come back, and I think today is an opportune time. See, my darling boy is going to be two tomorrow, and so it just feels right.

He's as cute as can be right now. Paul and I say frequently that he is made of chocolate, because he's just delicious. He talks a ton more than Maggie did at this age, and has to say! Everything! at the top of his lungs! for no apparent reason. He's obsessed with trains, dinosaurs, and trucks. He loves to announce to us what he's doing (I running!! I spinning!! I dancing!!). He does this goofy little grin that he's figured out is kryptonite to his mother, so he unleashes it on me all the time. And his favorite game of late is to give me big wet kisses with a mwwwaaahhh sound, over and over.

The thing that really melts me, though, is that after ignoring him for the first year of his life, Maggie and her brother have become best friends. He adores her and always has, but now that affection is returned. Lots of kisses and hugs and games.

Of course, there's a lot of Two. He refuses to eat pretty much anything except pasta and cheese, we've dubbed him NoCan the Contrarian (after a Word Girl character) because everything is No No No, and he has these enormous tantrums that are almost funny in their drama.

So overall, things are good. My little girl is a kindergartener and doing even better than I hoped, we have somehow acquired a kitten, we have some tough decisions to make about our house, and I sense some big job changes coming up. All of these are things I'd like to write about. So hello, again.

2 comments:

caramama said...

Nice to see you back! Sounds like there is a lot going on for you guys.

Happy Birthday to your boy! I can't believe he's turning 2 already. Where does the time go?

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Thanks for being supportive about women getting paid for our services. I'm determined to figure out a way to get paid. If you have any ideas - shoot them my way