Oz and Zellner both tagged me for this, the "Six random things" meme. I've actually had this ready to go for awhile and finally can get links going. So, here are six random things about moi:
1) I am terrified of chickens. Like, seriously phobic. If you want to see me freak right the fuck out, present me with a live, clucking, flapping chicken. Yes, I do eat chicken, the only good one is a dead one.
I went to a college that had a major agricultural sciences program, and there was a building where chicken research happened. Rumor had it it was all in the basement. I got stuck with a class there once and had to use the bathrooom IN THE BASEMENT. I swear I have never been so jumpy--I kept convincing myself I heard rustling wings and was totally sure I would open the door of the stall to find a chicken gang cornering me.
And my friends are all enormously amused by this, damn them. I cannot tell you the amount of chicken stuff I own. And at least two former boyfriends wanted to buy me a baby chick, thinking I might get over the terror if I raised one from a cute little fluffy chick. Would have been a gigantic fail. As were the boyfriends.
2) I'm really bad at creative arty-crafty things, like crocheting, sewing and painting. But I love doing all three. Luckily I don't have to be especially good at something to enjoy it.
3) To paraphrase Anne Lamott, many of my friends are surprised I am religious --I mean I am surprised I am religious. I'm pretty irreverent by nature, am quite the liberal, and I was an atheist, agnostic, and raging anti-Catholic for years, so it still surprises me I get up and go to church most Sundays and love my church community.
4) I want to change my hairstyle and am stalking good haircuts lately. I haven't worn it this long since I was 27, 10 years ago. Nothing's more aging than long flippy hair on someone with wrinkles, etc, and let's just say another thing I am stalking is a good eye cream. I think I want a Pob. Which would be a bitch to grow out if I am wrong. Thoughts? (NOTE: Since I wrote this, I have gotten a fabulous modified short in the back, long in the front, awesome, cool, I love it bob. Still looking for help on the eye cream, though. Issues are dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, and I would prefer to not spend $85).
5) I used to be a vegetarian. Now I am not. We eat 2-3 meatless dinners a week, probably, around here but that tends to be by circumstance, not actual planning.
6) I use my male cat's name when I sign up for mailing lists, etc. Casey gets a lot of mail. And he's dumber than a box of hair, so even people attempting to reach the nine-year-old, wildly affectionate, pampered-housecat demographic would probably be disappointed.
Hmm, whom shall I tag? How 'bout Summer, , Nictoria, and Brett?